DCP Playback in Premiere

Questions about the use of CuteDCP for Premiere Pro
Matt

DCP Playback in Premiere

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:28 am

I am new to DCP and am testing out the demo. I can export the DCP and have then created a new sequence in Premiere to test it out and the audio and video are not synced - the audio plays after the video. This is just for test purposes - so I wanted to see if it works on my mac before I check in the cinema.

What would be causing the issue with audio playing after the video when I playback in Premiere? Will check in cinema later today.

Audio is just stereo.

Christer Engstroem

Re: DCP Playback in Premiere

Post by Christer Engstroem » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:13 am

Hi Matt!
If audio and video are in sync in the sequence used for dcp export, the audio and video are in sync on the dcp.
You could make a check by importing the audio/video from the dcp (.mxf files) and drag the files into the sequence used for export to verify that everything is ok.

/Christer
Matt wrote:I am new to DCP and am testing out the demo. I can export the DCP and have then created a new sequence in Premiere to test it out and the audio and video are not synced - the audio plays after the video. This is just for test purposes - so I wanted to see if it works on my mac before I check in the cinema.

What would be causing the issue with audio playing after the video when I playback in Premiere? Will check in cinema later today.

Audio is just stereo.